State House Gift Shop Manager
Responsible for the operation of the State House Gift Shop. Assists with the tour office as deemed necessary.
1) Performs strategic front-line marketing, sales and visitor service programs for the State House Gift Shop.
2) Responsible for the daily operation of the gift shop including managing staff, tracking budgets, sales projections, inventory control, purchasing, marketing and promoting new merchandise and special sales events.
3) Manage the State House Gift Shop to include marketing, visitor service programs and retail sales for increased economic impact, and to enhance South Carolina’s identity as a destination state.
4) Co-Manages supplemental temporary employee staff of the gift shop including supervision, delegation of responsibilities and completion of work schedules.
5) Maintain a clean and orderly workspace and retail sales area.
6) Provide special services and assist other program areas within the capitol complex.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Bachelors Degree with two (2) years related administrative experience in retail sales, marketing and customer service.
1) Position requires lifting, walking and standing for extended periods of time.
2) Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
3) Ability to conduct actual, concise and interesting presentations/tours of the State House.
4) Ability to deal with the general public in a professional and courteous manner.
5) Valid state-issued drivers license required.
Actual Job Location: South Carolina State House Gift Shop.
37.5 hours weekly.
Allison R. King, M.Ed., SHRM-CP
Employment and Recruitment Manager
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.