Intern, Education (Bachelor's Student)
Established in 1946, the American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the world's largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our mission is to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world. AIR works with federal, state, and local government agencies, philanthropies and other organizations to conduct research and evaluation and provide technical assistance in the areas of education, health and workforce development, in the U.S. and abroad.
AIR’s 2021 Virtual Summer Internship Program is designed to identify, attract, and hire the best collegiate talent that will drive creativity and innovation while enabling the organization to create a diverse and skilled talent pool. Spanning 10 – 12 weeks, AIR’s paid summer program provides Interns and Scholars with various learning and networking opportunities that enhance their skillset and build lasting professional connections.
AIR is currently seeking an Intern for our Education Statistics program area to join our 2021 Virtual Summer Internship Program.
- Conduct literature reviews to support projects and proposals
- Assist staff in the review, identification and development of scholarly information describing research findings
- Participate in the collection, analysis, and review of research and evaluation data
- Develop spreadsheets and data bases to support project activities
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative research data and contribute to the reporting and interpretation of findings
- Currently seeking a Bachelor’s degree in such fields as economics, psychology, sociology, statistics, computer science, public policy, public health or other social science related fields
- Experience with and / or knowledge of data collection and analysis methodologies and techniques, such as survey design, analysis of program administrative data, and conduct of structured interviews, observations, and focus groups
- Knowledgeable in using statistical software programs such as R, SPSS, or Stata to analyze data
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite or the equivalent (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software)
- Comfortable working independently and as a member of a team
Candidates must be eligible to work onsite in our U.S. AIR offices for the duration of the internship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.