SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM DIRECTOR/FACULTY
Surgical Technology Credential Code: # 500037
- Teach college level courses
- Participate in student assessment and departmental meetings
- Participate in the larger college community through a variety of activities (curriculum development, service on committees, etc.)
- Develop curriculum
- Be student centered, enthusiastic about teaching and learning, be a practitioner of active, contextual, and experiential learning strategies, have an understanding of and commitment to the assessment of student academic achievement, be willing to explore and use a variety of technologies to enhance teaching and student learning.
Must meet minimum qualifications for faculty credentialing Please refer to the MN State credentialing website at: http://www.minnstate.edu/system/asa/academicaffairs/cfc/index.html
- Associate degree and a graduate of a CAAHEP accredited program in surgical technology or an associate degree in nursing.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified operating room experience as a practicing surgical technologist (scrub role) or an operating room nurse including scrub experience.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Certified Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA formerly LCC-ST).
- Online teaching experience with alternative instructions techniques and a willingness to develop and instruct in the online environment
- Previous work experience in a secondary or post-secondary institution
- Experience with learner outcomes assessment
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners
Submit your online application and supporting information to:
https://sctcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/1669. A cover letter that addresses how previous experience can be used to accomplish the position requirements, resume, a list of five professional references with contact information, and transcript copies will be required as part of the application process. Review of resumes will begin after April 12, 2021.
Position will remain open until filled. A screening committee interview, including a teaching demonstration will be required.