Administrative Assistant for Academic Advising & K-12 Initiatives Program
OPENING DATE: 04/06/2021 ANNOUNCEMENT: 21-002
INTERNAL BIDDING CLOSING DATE: 04/13/2021
GENERAL APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 04/20/2021
CLASSIFICATION WORK AREA HOURS OF WORK
Office Administrative Assistant, St. Cloud Technical & Community College M-F 8am-4:30pm
Intermediate SALARY RANGE
Full-time, Unlimited $36,874 – $48,880 annualized
The work location is in the heart of beautiful central Minnesota; just an hour from the Twin Cities. Benefits include excellent low cost and low deductible health and dental insurance, retirement package, and tuition waiver benefit (after three years of employment). St. Cloud Technical and Community College is proud to be a Minnesota Yellow Ribbon Agency.
Responsible for the daily operation and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency in the Academic Advising Center and K-12 Initiatives Programs. Responsible for administration, management and support of complex programs such as; Discovery Academy, Career & Tech Education (CTE) Articulated Credit, Technical Skills Assessment (TSA), Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC), Certified Production Technician (CPT) and co-planning and registration of camps.
· English sufficient to perform the job duties described below using reading, writing and speaking skills
· Spreadsheet, data base management, and word processing software sufficient to create, format, edit, print, and save a variety of documents including letters, email messages, and spreadsheets
· Basic accounting procedures sufficient to monitor budgets and to reconcile accounts
· Input data quickly and accurately; type/keyboard a variety of documents accurately at 40 wpm with five or less errors
· Must be detail oriented, able to work with minimal supervision, and capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
· Effectively handle shifting priorities and adapt to changing demands of ambiguous procedures and rules
· Check input and output data for completeness, accuracy, and discrepancies
· Customer service sufficient to provide prompt, courteous and accurate information to customers in person, on the phone, and through email and other written correspondence; and have an ability to resolve conflicts and supervise people
· Two year degree or diploma
· Experience working in a higher education setting
· Experience working with State of Minnesota-specific computer systems and software programs, such as ISRS, etc.
· Knowledge of FERPA and the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act
· Knowledge of St. Cloud Technical & Community College and Perkins Consortium policies, procedures and programs sufficient to answer a wide variety of questions
· Intermediate Level skills in Microsoft Office Word and Excel—desired skills beyond basic: document sections and columns, format tables, mail merge, document revisions and comments, work with data, work with multiple worksheets, conditional formatting, work with pivot tables and pivot charts
· Proficiency in the use of personal computer for electronic mail (MS Outlook), presentations (MS PowerPoint), room and appointment scheduling, and departmental purchasing and billing
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
· Provide customer service to both internal and external customers of the Academic Advising Center
· Manage the Academic Advising Center office
· Provide customer service both internal and external for K-12 Initiatives
· Manage Office for K-12 Initiatives
· Responsibilities may occasionally require working early mornings, attending evening meetings and events
· Ability to perform work that requires the following:
o Primarily sitting: walking and standing occasionally
o Occasionally a significant amount of walking or standing; pushing and pulling of arms and legs
o Lifting/Carrying 20lb maximum
· Ability to perform in a work environment which may include the following physical functions:
o Occasional: Standing, walking, reclining, lifting above shoulder, lifting waist to chest, lifting below waist, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/pivot, reaching, repetitive arm, fine manipulation, midrange vision, far vision (over 20), depth perception, visual accommodation, color vision, field of vision.
o Frequent: Simple grasp, firm grasp.
o Constant: sitting, feeling, talking, hearing, near vision (up to 20).