Senior Tax Analyst
At Tetra Pak we touch millions of people’s lives every day, ensuring better nutrition and healthier lifestyles through safe packaging and food processing solutions. Guided by our global brand promise, PROTECTS WHAT´S GOOD, we strive to make a difference by protecting food, people and our futures. To do this we need more than smart technology. We need smart people too. People like you, who wants to work with people like us.
Senior Tax Analyst
Tetra Pak is currently seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join or US/Canadian Tax team. The role will be responsible for managing compliance, planning, accounting and audit controversies in connection with US & Canada Direct taxes, while learning and partnering with the business. This position requires the individual to be able to work independently.
The position is based in Denton, TX, United States.
You may be required to travel 5 % of your time regionally / globally.
Tetra Pak is not considering applicants (Internal or External) who require International relocation to the United States.
What you will do
As a Senior Tax Analyst you will:
File tax compliance in a timely and accurate manner.
Support computation and on time remittance of estimated tax payments and annual extensions payments.
Prepare quarterly tax provision calculations, financial reporting of deferred tax and income tax reserves, tax account reconciliations, and variance analysis of tax account.
Monitor and ensure compliance with internal controls, and handle audits with internal and external auditors.
Identify new tax issues in light of changes in tax laws and business operations and implement proper procedure changes.
Interface with government officials regarding tax reporting and correspond with taxing authorities to resolve notices for the Company.
Prepare transfer pricing documentation in cooperation with global tax team.
Coach and provide guidance for accounting and tax associates in tax matters
Who you are
We believe you have:
- Minimum 5 years corporate tax experience in industry or with some experience in public accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or finance with CPA designation.
- Experience preparing US/Canada Federal and State/Provincial taxes returns for consolidated groups.
- Experience with SAP, Business Object, OneSource Corp Tax Compliance Software, and Bloomberg BNA fixed asset software.
- Advanced skills required in MS Excel (i.e. advanced calculations and formulas).
- Solid technical tax skills and experience using tax research software.
- Knowledge of IFRS related to income tax accounting.
- Experience interacting effectively with external service providers and members of the Accounting, Finance and Tax departments.
- Knowledge of group consolidation and transfer pricing is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy and details.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture that pioneers spirit of innovation where our engineering genius drives visible result
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to share our responsibility of protecting food and the planet, please submit your resume in English through our careers page on jobs.tetrapak.com
This job posting expires on April 20, 2021.