Shipping 2nd Shift (Delphi, IN)
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members' contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
The Shipping Department receives our final product. Team members will sort boxes onto pallets, place the pallets in our cold storage facility and load semitrucks operating forklift and other equipment for product to be deliver to customers.
Position Reports To: Shipping Shift Supervisor
- Team members will receive, sort and stock product into pallets. Scan the boxes, make tags for pallets and place the pallets in our cold storage facility.
- Use forklift to move product from cold storage to semitrucks, ready for distribution
- Perform physically demanding work in extreme cold environments, that requires attention to detail, strength, stamina and good hand-eye coordination (while keeping safety as top priority).
- Collaborate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers by maintaining a positive work atmosphere.
To be successful in this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The requirements listed are representative of the ability, skill and /or knowledge required and is not an exhaustive list.
Essential Job Requirements:
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Perform constant repetition of stacking boxes weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time
- Must be able to lift and exert push and/or pull force 50-100 lbs.
- Must be able to work in cold and freezing temperature
- Must be able to work in wet, humid and odorous environments
- Able to operate forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently
- Must be able to learn use of bar code scanner and handheld scanner equipment
- Loads trucks with product using forklift equipment
- Work while wearing all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions including company policies & procedures
- Must be able to recognize and act on incidents of safety risk and report all shipping problems to Supervisor or Lead person.
- Must be able to work scheduled hours (including Saturdays and Sundays), which may include mandatory overtime, depending on production needs.
- Must be able to pass E-Verify
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred
- Forklift Certified preferred
- Experience with inventory control procedures strongly preferred
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
This position is in Delphi Indiana (6755 W 100 N Delphi, IN 46923), a short drive from Lafayette Indiana & Purdue University.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.