Vehicle Program Specialist (Coordinator I - NE)
Under administrative direction from the CityFleet Administration Supervisor, the Vehicle Program Specialist participates in planning, evaluating, and implementing the replacement of City vehicles except firefighting apparatus.
Under general direction, the Vehicle Program Specialist's responsibilities include a wide range of complex professional-level technical tasks to provide centralized efficiencies in maintaining the data base of information for the fleet . This includes:
- Providing support to the Vehicle Coordinators in developing specifications and verifying that the funding is available for replacement of vehicles;
- Developing, monitoring and guiding the purchasing requisitions through the procurement process at procurement services giving aide and reviewing projects, equipment build, and delivery processes by ensuring that all documentation regarding the replacement, purchase and disposal of vehicles are complete and archived including council documentation. Including, monitoring the:
- rental and lease program,
- vehicle pool;
- Coordinating grant applications, progress, and reporting including preparing analytical reports;
- Researching fleet technologies and alternative energy; ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Interacting with internal customers, external vendors, and other individuals in the course of work;
- May also provide lead work direction to other program support staff.
The position's responsibilities also include planning, managing and directing the resources for the acquisition of a diverse 3,150 plus fleet vehicle and equipment fleet valued at $130 million.