The Tennessee Department of Transportation is currently hiring a full-time Auditor. This position is in the TDOT Internal Audit Division, which is located at TDOT Headquarters in Davidson County.
The Division of Internal Audit provides Audit and Assurance, Consulting and Advisory, Education, and Integrity services for the department. The primary focus of the Division is conducting Performance Audits designed to ascertain the efficiency, effectiveness, and economy of TDOT's various operational and financial programs, processes, and activities. Audit and Assurance services are prioritized from a Risk Management approach to focus resources on areas of high risks. The ultimate objective is to provide the management structure and senior leadership with information they need to make better decisions - through practical, cost beneficial, recommendations geared toward improving TDOT's operations. Consulting and Advisory services are designed to initiate a collaborative approach to address concerns regarding the ever-changing business environment. Integrity services are performed to substantiate alleged instances of fraud, waste, and abuse of TDOT funds by department employees, contractors, vendors, and grantees.
- Assist in conducting operational audits of TDOT Divisions to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of various programs.
- Prepare work papers and supporting documentation from a review of records and other auditing resources.
- Examine documentation including but not limited to financial statements, bank statements, balance sheets, purchase invoices and payroll records.
- Learn to identify legal, financial, compliance, and/or administrative problems or discrepancies.
- Gather information from external and internal auditees to gain an understanding of their operations.
- Conduct research on federal, state, and department policies, procedures, rules, and regulations to assist in the development of an audit program for testing.
- Communicate with auditees, vendors, and other outside entities to exchange and/or obtain auditing information.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree in accounting. OR
- A Public Accountant in good standing. OR
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree including thirty-six (36) hours in accounting.
To learn more about the position, copy and paste the link below to your browser:
Applications must be submitted online in order to be considered for the position. Interest applicants should apply online at:
Select: AUDITOR 1*-09142023-50359