Financial Analyst Intern
As a Financial Analyst (FA) Intern, you will be supporting one of several functional areas including, but not limited to Merchandising, Marketing, Digital and Technology, Selling Channels, Supply Chain, Real Estate, Enterprise Finance, Financial Services or Capital. The focus of the FA Intern will be on driving financial performance through effective planning, analysis and performance management. In addition, you’ll participate in a summer series that includes our executive speaker events, Excel and PowerPoint workshops, and personal and professional development sessions.
This internship runs from June to August 2024. It’s a hybrid role, meaning you must be located within a drivable distance to our corporate office in Richfield, Minnesota. You’ll be asked to come into the office 3 days per week. This internship has the potential to lead to a full-time opportunity. Housing will not be provided.
What you’ll do
- Create, analyze, and produce components of financial reporting rhythms with identification of risks and opportunities
- Aggregate data and change it into usable information
- Provide tools to enhance and optimize the business by defining key performance indicators (KPIs) and developing reporting methodologies and processes to identify trends and anomalies
- Support business performance management and forecasting by providing understanding and visibility to actual financial results and business drivers
- "Test and measure" analyses, such as competitive analysis, new value props, selling model tests and operational enhancements
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university, with an expected graduation date between fall 2024 and spring 2025
- Must be able to work in the Richfield, MN corporate office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm
- Must be able to commit to the internship start and end date of 6/3/2024- 8/9/2024
- Must be able to commit to being no more than 2 hours driving distance from the Minneapolis Corporate Campus - 7601 Penn Ave South Richfield, MN 55423
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace/ever changing environment and drive results
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
What’s in it for you
We’re committed to helping our people thrive at work and at home. We offer generous benefits that address your total well-being and provide support as you need it, especially key moments in your life.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Generous employee discount
- Financial savings and retirement resources
- Physical and mental well-being support
As part of the Best Buy team, you’ll help us fulfill our purpose to enrich lives through technology. We bring that to life every day by humanizing and personalizing tech solutions for every stage of life — in our stores, online and in customers’ homes.
Our culture is built on deeply supporting and valuing our amazing employees who make it all possible. We’re committed to being a great place to work, where you can unlock unique career possibilities. Above all, we aim to provide a place where you can bring your full, authentic self to work now and into the future. Tomorrow works here.™