Graduate Data Scientist Intern
As a Graduate Data Scientist Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of top retailers in the U.S. Our data science teams develop products and capabilities that focus on being part of a human decision process. They also deliver a stronger understanding of what is driving impact across functions and domains by leveraging complex analysis and deep statistical modeling. In addition, you’ll participate in a summer series that includes our executive speaker events, Excel and PowerPoint workshops, and personal and professional development sessions.
This internship runs from June to August 2024. It’s a remote first role, meaning you must be located within a drivable distance to either our corporate office in Richfield, Minnesota or Atlanta, Georgia. This internship has the potential to lead to a full-time opportunity. Housing will not be provided.
What you’ll do
- Leading the pipeline process for a machine learning model build
- Taking a business problem and formulating an ML framework to address it
- Acting as a team player and being responsible for pulling data from a data lake
- Going through data discovery, data engineering and data reduction tasks
- Enacting series of ML algorithm calibrations
- Perform experimentation projects via an A/B split test (testing two or more creative treatments) or in the form of a controlled experiment (treatment vs holdout control group)
- Setting experiments & executing the test design to pre-stage test panels for those upcoming experiments
- Selecting an experiment coming “out of flight” and performing back-end analysis on that experiment culminating in a presentation to business stakeholders
- ...actual projects may vary!
- Pursuing a master's degree from an accredited college/university, with an expected graduation date between fall 2024 and spring 2025
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Must be able to commit to the internship start and end date of 6/3/2024- 8/9/2024
- Must be able to commit to being no more than 2 hours driving distance from the Atlanta Technology & Analytics Hub - 500 Northridge Rd, Atlanta, GA 30350 or the Minneapolis Corporate Campus - 7601 Penn Ave South Richfield, MN 55423
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or above
Why you’ll love it here
We’re committed to helping our people thrive at work and at home. We offer generous benefits that address your total well-being and provide support as you need it, especially key moments in your life.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Generous employee discount
- Financial savings and retirement resources
- Physical and mental well-being support
As part of the Best Buy team, you’ll help us fulfill our purpose to enrich lives through technology. We bring that to life every day by humanizing and personalizing tech solutions for every stage of life — in our stores, online and in customers’ homes.
Our culture is built on deeply supporting and valuing our amazing employees who make it all possible. We’re committed to being a great place to work, where you can unlock unique career possibilities. Above all, we aim to provide a place where you can bring your full, authentic self to work now and into the future. Tomorrow works here.™