Associate Software Engineering Intern
As a Software Engineering Intern, you’ll help drive transformational change through our Digital, Analytics and Technology (DAT) organization. DAT at Best Buy is committed to powering our business to drive sales and efficiency to ultimately improve our customer experience and empower our people. You’ll help us use technology to transform our enterprise through better, faster digital product development, dynamic planning and unleashing the power of our data. In addition, you’ll participate in a summer series that includes our executive speaker events, Excel and PowerPoint workshops and personal and professional development sessions.
This internship runs from June to August 2024. It’s a remote first role, meaning you must be located within a drivable distance to either our corporate office in Richfield, Minnesota or Atlanta, Georgia. This internship has the potential to lead to a full-time opportunity. Housing will not be provided.
What you’ll do
- Build out new features on BestBuy.com and our mobile application. Build predictive models for recommendations or personalized experiences
- Improve our ability to plan inventory at our stores and warehouses
- Enhance applications to empower employees to better serve our customers
- Automate deployments and configuration of new software as well as monitoring and alerting to ensure reliability of new and existing digital assets
- Create visualizations for large data sets
- Administer and enhance shared cloud services. Build tools and standards-based shared capabilities for other engineers
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university, with an expected graduation date between fall 2024 and spring 2025
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Must be able to commit to the internship start and end date of 6/3/2024 - 8/9/2024
- Must be located no more than 2 hours driving distance from the Atlanta Technology & Analytics Hub - 500 Northridge Rd, Atlanta, GA 30350 or the the Minneapolis Corporate Campus - 7601 Penn Ave South Richfield, MN 55423
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization
- Majoring in computer science, engineering, math or a similar degree
- Classroom experience in a programming language
- Basic knowledge of data structures, control flow, algorithm performance and object-oriented programming concepts
- Ability to solve problems independently and accurately with a programming language of your choice
- Familiarity with common approaches to the software development life cycle, particularly agile methodologies
- Experience creating web or mobile applications
- Experience in back-end development using technology stacks built on Java, Groovy, Python or NodeJS
- Experience in administration of operating systems, containers, web servers, persistence stores, such as Linux, Tomcat, Apache Web Server, JBoss, Cassandra, CockroachDB, Apache Solr, or similar
- Experience with predictive modeling, data mining, or machine learning, using technologies such as TensorFlow, SciKit Learn, or R
- Experience with test automation and/or test-driven development
What's in it for you
We’re committed to helping our people thrive at work and at home. We offer generous benefits that address your total well-being and provide support as you need it, especially key moments in your life.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Generous employee discount
- Financial savings and retirement resources
- Physical and mental well-being support
As part of the Best Buy team, you’ll help us fulfill our purpose to enrich lives through technology. We bring that to life every day by humanizing and personalizing tech solutions for every stage of life — in our stores, online and in customers’ homes.
Our culture is built on deeply supporting and valuing our amazing employees who make it all possible. We’re committed to being a great place to work, where you can unlock unique career possibilities. Above all, we aim to provide a place where you can bring your full, authentic self to work now and into the future. Tomorrow works here.™