Human Resource Officer - Department of Medicine
Human Resource Officer - Department of Medicine
Hiring Department: College of Medicine, Department of Medicine
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Requisition ID: 1020789
Salary Range: $60,000.00 - $68,000.00 commensurate with experience
Posting Close Date: 9/29/2023
About the University of Illinois Chicago
UIC is among the nation’s preeminent urban public research universities, a Carnegie RU/VH research institution, and the largest university in Chicago. UIC serves over 34,000 students, comprising one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation and is designated as a Minority Serving Institution (MSI), an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). Through its 16 colleges, UIC produces nationally and internationally recognized multidisciplinary academic programs in concert with civic, corporate and community partners worldwide, including a full complement of health sciences colleges. By emphasizing cutting-edge and transformational research along with a commitment to the success of all students, UIC embodies the dynamic, vibrant and engaged urban university. Recent “Best Colleges” rankings published by U.S. News & World Report, found UIC climbed up in its rankings among top public schools in the nation and among all national universities. UIC has nearly 260,000 alumni, and is one of the largest employers in the city of Chicago.
This is a full-time and benefits eligible position. Hybrid and flexible work schedules are available. UIC offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. In addition all full time benefits eligible positions include a comprehensive benefits package which include; Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & AD&D insurance, a defined benefit pension plan as well as paid leave which includes; Vacation, Holiday and Sick. In addition we offer tuition waivers for employees and dependents. Click for a complete list of Employee Benefits
UIC is seeking a Human Resource Officer to join our College of Medicine, Department of Medicine Administration team. This role
will perform general human resource functions providing HR consultation and HR administrative support to assigned divisions/units within the Department of Medicine. The Human Resource Officer will be responsible for monthly reporting and analysis of the Department of Medicine incentive compensation plan for all clinical physician faculty of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the departmental lead in analyzing the incentive compensation plan for all clinical physician faculty of the department monthly. Reviews clinical productivity data against the incentive compensation plan.
- Serve as a department HR Generalist providing consultation to department division managers and employees on HR policies and procedures in the areas of Employment, Employment Guidelines, Compensation, Learning and Development, Performance Management, Benefits, Leaves of Absences, Employee Relations, and Separations in accordance with UIC HR Policies and Procedures and in partnership with UIC HR offices.
- Execute employment and payroll transactions utilizing HR Enterprise Applications: HR FrontEnd, JDxpert, Cornerstone, PARIS, AND, Banner, PARIS, Rehire Retiree, Salary Planner, and I-9 Tracker.
- Drafts job descriptions, position authorization forms, position notice forms, position advertisements, appointment letters, and other supporting documents for new appointments/positions, reappointments, and change in status’ (i.e. FTE changes, Title/Employee Group changes, Salary Increases, etc..)
- Complete H1B, J1, and other visa type applications and supporting documentation in accordance with Office of International Services policy and procedures.
- Create and maintain HR/Payroll standard reports utilizing EDDIE and Web Intelligence. Prepare ad hoc reports. Serve as department resource for HR/Payroll data in response to requests from division, department, college, and campus partners.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any one or any combination totaling three (3) years (36 months) from the following categories:
A. course work in human resource administration, business administration or a closely related field, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
- Associate’s Degree (60 semester hours) equals eighteen months (18 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Bachelor’s Degree (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years (36 months)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration, or a closely related field
- Data analytics experience in a professional setting or through coursework
To Apply: For fullest consideration apply at uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/6832?c=uic , please fully complete all sections of the online application including adding your full work history with specific details of your duties & responsibilities for each position held. Fully complete the education, licensure, certification and language sections. You may upload a resume, cover letter, certifications, licensures, transcripts and diplomas within the application.
Please note that once you have submitted your application you will not be able to make any changes. In order to revise your application you must withdraw and reapply. You will not be able to reapply after the posting close date. Please ensure the application is fully completed and all supporting documents have been uploaded before the posting close date.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
The university provides accommodations to applicants and employees. Request an Accommodation