Finance Leadership Development Program Associate
Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP)
Brunswick Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is a two-year rotational program that consists of both on-the-job and formal training experiences. The program is designed to provide you with the technical, business and leadership skills necessary to be successful throughout your career. Upon completion of the program, participants will assume full-time positions within the company.
Participants will rotate to new assignments within Brunswick every six months to one-year, gaining experience across multiple Corporate Finance functions and business environments. You will spend one twelve-month assignment at a manufacturing or division location and two six-month assignments at Corporate Headquarters. These assignments include, but are not limited to: General Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Manufacturing & Product Cost Accounting, Treasury, Financial Reporting, Mergers & Acquisitions and Internal Audit. Successful candidates will be expected to develop a strong foundation of financial acumen, while contributing to the Company’s performance based on assigned job responsibilities.
Training – In addition to onboarding and on the job training, the Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) includes training which involves several modules on Brunswick’s finance-related functions in addition to on-site visits to our divisions with the intent of building both your financial acumen and leadership capabilities. You will also be exposed to leaders within the organization during these training sessions.
Networking and Exposure – you will grow, build and enhance your network as you contribute to the organization. Lasting and positive working relationships will allow you to progress in your career at Brunswick.
Mentorship – The program offers leader mentoring opportunities to further develop your growth and navigate the organization. Mentorship consists of formal and informal coaching and feedback.
- Currently enrolled in an AACSB accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Analytics
- 1 year of relevant accounting / finance work experience with degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Analytics preferred
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Willingness and ability to relocate (Mettawa, IL, Menomonee Falls, WI, Fond du Lac, WI, Edgewater, FL, Knoxville, TN – locations subject to modification)
- Hybrid work environment (where applicable)
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented, leadership, communication, and analytical skills
- Demonstrate eagerness to learn
- Be highly coachable
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated leadership in academic and extracurricular activities preferred
- Relevant prior work or internship experience preferred
- Competitive compensation packages including medical, vision and dental plans, life insurance, 401k retirement match, profit sharing, performance bonus & paid time off.
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) with various employee resource groups along with numerous awards including but not limited to:
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers
- Forbes The Best Employers For Diversity
- Forbes America’s Best Employers For Women
- Commitment to Sustainability
- Full report available here: Sustainability :: Brunswick Corporation (BC)
- Wide variety of career growth opportunities with international locations
- We’re in the business of fun! Opportunities to experience our products!
- Great exposure to the senior management team during each rotation
- Wonderful opportunity to rotate and learn different areas of the business and functions
- Fantastic track record of promotions post-graduation from the program
Brunswick Corporation is the global leader in marine recreation, delivering innovation that transforms experiences on the water and beyond. Our unique, technology-driven solutions are informed and inspired by deep consumer insights and powered by our belief that “Next Never Rests™”. Brunswick is dedicated to industry leadership, to being the best and most trusted partner to our many customers, and to building synergies and ecosystems that enable us to challenge convention and define the future.
Brunswick is home to more than 60 industry-leading brands. In the category of Marine Propulsion, these brands include, Mercury Marine, Mercury Racing and MerCruiser. Brunswick’s comprehensive collection of parts, accessories, distribution, and technology brands includes Mercury Parts & Accessories, Land ‘N’ Sea, Lowrance, Simrad, B&G, Mastervolt, RELiON, Attwood and Whale. Our boat brands are some of the best known in the world, including Boston Whaler, Lund, Sea Ray, Bayliner, Harris Pontoons, Princecraft and Quicksilver. Our service, digital and shared-access businesses include Freedom Boat Club, Boateka and a range of financing, insurance, and extended warranty businesses. While focused primarily on the marine industry, Brunswick also successfully leverages its portfolio of advanced technologies to deliver an exceptional suite of solutions in mobile and industrial applications.
Headquartered in Mettawa, IL, Brunswick has more than 19,000 employees operating in 27 countries. In 2022, Brunswick was named by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and as one of America’s Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek, both for the third consecutive year.