Mental Health Technician Trainee
Work Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60634
Agency: Department of Human Services
Opening Date: 9/07/2023
Closing Date: 9/25/2023
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $3,610 - $4,918 per month ($43,320 - $59,016 per year)
Work Hours: 24/7 Variable Shifts
Work Location: 4200 N Oak Park Ave Chicago, IL 60634-1417
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 10
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position. While not required, a Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) is recommended. When applicable, titles that require specific coursework, professional license or certification will include a notation requesting the appropriate document(s) be uploaded in the Additional Documents section of your application. Failure to upload requested transcripts, license and/or proof of certification when specified may result in ineligibility. Please note that the Department of Human Services must verify proof of higher education for any degree earned (if applicable) regardless of vacancy title before any offer can be extended. Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number 10-79-30403
The Division of Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire a Mental Health Tech Trainee at the Chicago-Read Mental Health Center located in Chicago, Illinois. The incumbent will, for a period of from six and not to exceed twelve months, receives training, instruction and performs entry level, routine personal care services and therapeutic activities in the treatment and habilitation of mentally ill patients at Chicago-Read Mental Health Center. Receives training in the Interdisciplinary Team process. Ensures the patient service environment is maintained.
1. For a period of from six and not to exceed twelve months, receives training, instruction and performs entry level, routine personal care services and therapeutic activities in the treatment and habilitation of mentally ill patients at Chicago-Read Mental Health Center.
2. Receives training in the Interdisciplinary Team process and assists under direct observation, in the implementation of the active treatment/daily activity schedule on the inpatient unit.
3. Ensures the patient service environment is maintained to meet Department, Hospital and regulatory standards.
4. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of high school.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
2. Requires the ability to physically restrain patients as necessary to prevent injury to the patient or others.
3. Requires the ability to work after business hours, weekends, and holidays.
4. Requires ability to participate in and successfully complete a comprehensive training program.
5. Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
6. Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
7. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need all across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefit package that includes the following:
A Pension Program
Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually - (10 days in year one of employment)
*Personal, Sick, & Vacation rates modified for 12-hour Work Schedules (as applicable)
13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even numbered years
Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
10 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
Deferred Compensation Program - A supplemental retirement plan
Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx