Social Worker III, Option Spanish Speaking
Location: Elgin, IL, US, 60123
Job Requisition ID: 30899
Agency: Department of Human Services
Opening Date/Time: 09/12/2023
Closing Date/Time: 09/28/2023
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $5,757 - $9,001 per month ($69,084 - $108,012 per year)
Work Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm M&N Unit
Work Location: 750 S State St Elgin, IL 60123-7612
Division of Mental Health
Elgin Mental Health Center
Forensic Treatment Program/Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity
The Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire a Social Worker III for the Elgin Mental Health Center located in Elgin, Illinois to perform professional social work services involving the application of social work principles and techniques in the evaluation, problem identification, and treatment of adults manifesting complex emotional and psychosocial disorders. Determines and develops sources of information and services to facilitate patient treatment. Communicates in Spanish to those individuals who do not read or speak English.
1. Performs professional social work services involving the application of social work principles and techniques in the evaluation, problem identification and treatment of adults manifesting complex emotional and psychosocial disorders.
2. Determines and develops sources of information and services to facilitate patient treatment.
3. Develops and implements treatment strategies and conducts active treatment/psychoeducational interventions/groups.
4. Participates and provides leadership in personal meetings, correspondence and necessary documentation with other team members, guardians, courts, family, and community agencies.
5. Serves as designated lead worker.
6. Serves as a lead social worker on an assigned unit (s) providing clinical supervision, mentoring, and training for Social Worker II’s and new Social Workers.
7. Engages with Community Providers Services for future placement based on the needs of patients.
8. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires a master's degree in social work from a recognized college or university supplemented by two years of professional social work experience in the evaluation and treatment/habilitation of mentally ill, developmentally disabled, or other disabled persons.
2. Requires Illinois licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker by the Department of Professional Regulation.
3. Requires ability to speak, read and write Spanish at a colloquial skill level.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires the ability to walk and stand for a significant period of time, including stooping, bending, lifting or exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
2. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
3. Requires the ability to pass the IDHS background check.
4. Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
The conditions of employment listed here are incorporated and related to any of the job duties as listed in the job description.
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is to provide equitable access to social services, support programs, and resources to enhance the lives of all whom we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency, and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefits package that includes the following:
• A Pension Program
• Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
• 12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
• 10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually - (10 days in year one of employment)
* Personal, Sick, & Vacation rates modified for 12-hour Work Schedules (as applicable)
• 13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even-numbered years
• Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
• 10 Weeks of Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Deferred Compensation Program - A supplemental retirement plan
• Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
• Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
• 5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
• Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx