Civil or Agricultural Engineer
- Coordinates and supervises the planning, design and construction of engineering practices such as water management, animal waste management erosion control, flood control, and other conservation practices needing engineering guidance.
- Recommends changes in designs, specifications, and schedule to accommodate conditions at the construction site, availability of materials, or to expedite construction.
- Plans and conducts pre-bid site showing, approves construction schedules, monitors work for compliance with plans and specification and contract requirements.
- Directs and performs site investigations and feasibility studies; field checks and field construction. checks for conservation practice installations.
- Coordinates and conducts necessary quality assurance reviews of planned, designed, and constructed engineering projects in the assigned area or state.
- Serves as or directs the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Provides technical guidance and training to personnel in the area of all engineering practices and in the use and care of engineering equipment.