Engineering Technicin IV
The Engineering Technician IV conducts water main replacement, water distribution system repair, and lead service line replacement inspections to ensure compliance with and enforcement of Milwaukee Water Works (MWW) specifications.
- Conduct thorough inspections and provide detailed documentation of water main alterations, extensions, and replacements, as well as lead service line replacements.
- Oversee the overall construction project to ensure it is performed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Enforce proper construction methods and MWW specifications.
- Ensure that proper excavation, safety, and traffic control procedures are implemented and followed.
CONTRACTOR COORDINATION AND OVERSIGHT
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of work associated with contracted projects.
- Conduct inspection of emergency leak repairs by contractors.
- Consult with area management regarding contractor difficulties or complications.
- Document contractor activities, assist with the inventory and inspection of repair materials, and complete work orders and requisitions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Engineer Technician IV must be willing and able to do the following:
- Work overtime and respond to emergency call-outs.
- Climb ladders, enter confined spaces, and wear confined space safety equipment.
- Lift and transport 50 pounds or more of equipment or material.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment, including safety shoes, glasses, and hearing protection.
- Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions for extended periods of time.
Engineering Technician IV:
- An Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university AND two years of engineering or construction experience performing duties similar to the essential functions listed above; OR Four years of experience as a municipal utility engineering technician, surveying technician, public works inspector, or construction materials inspector performing work related to the essential functions of the position.
- Valid driver’s license at time of appointment and throughout employment.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN IV:
The current salary range (Pay Range 3NN) is $52,210-$63,772 annually, and the current resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $53,776-$65,685. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program. For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit https://city.milwaukee.gov/der/benefits.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.