Under the supervision of the Infectious Disease Program Manager, the Radiologic Technologist performs radiographic diagnostic imaging procedures for patients with suspected or confirmed tuberculosis.
The Radiologic Technologist will work on a part-time basis, approximately 20 hours per week.
Perform x-rays and related functions according to State of WI statutory requirements:
- Take chest x-rays of patients with suspected or confirmed tuberculosis (TB) or latent TB infection (LTBI); send x-ray images electronically for reading by radiologist.
- Provide comprehensive documentation in the client’s record
- Maintain equipment in clean and working condition, including attending to minor repairs.
- Assure that radiography supplies requested are the correct type and in quantities sufficient to meet program needs.
We welcome qualified individuals with disabilities who are interested in employment and will make reasonable accommodations during the hiring process in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Radiologic Technologist must be willing and able to do the following:
- Must be able to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, kneel, and reach.
- Must have manual dexterity, the ability to push and pull objects, and the ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Must be able to properly lift and move objects weighing up to 20 lbs. alone or up to 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Wear industry related Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, facemask, or face shield to reduce exposure to infectious agents or toxins while performing the duties of this job.
- Pass a TB skin test annually.
- Current State of Wisconsin radiographer license, which must be provided at the time of application and maintained throughout employment.
- Certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technicians (ARRT) at time of appointment and throughout employment.
- One year of related experience performing radiographic diagnostic imaging procedures.
The current starting salary (PG 3GN) is $21.28-$24.13 hourly, and the resident incentive starting salary for City of Milwaukee residents is $21.91-$24.86 hourly. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program. For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit https://city.milwaukee.gov/der/benefits.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.