Clinical Case Manager (Grant Funded)
Posting Title: Clinical Case Manager (Grant-Funded)
Job Type: Full-Time
Division Name: Municipal Court
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License.
Must possess at least one of the following:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor-I (LPC-I)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
Must maintain licensure during employment
- An LMSW or LPC-I must submit a supervision plan to their respective state board within 90 days of employment working towards their LCSW or LPC licensure.
Notes to Applicants
When completing the City of Austin employment application:
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- A detailed, complete employment application is required. It helps us to better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Be sure to provide job titles and employment dates for all jobs you wish to be considered. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates.
- A résumé is required, but will not substitute for a complete employment application. Please include contact information from previous employers.
- You must use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- A criminal history check will be conducted on the selected candidates
- Driving Requirement – This position requires a Valid Driver’s License or the ability to acquire one by your hire date. External New Hires must meet the City of Austin’s Driver Record Evaluation (DRE) requisite. To be considered for a driving position, applicants cannot have more than three moving violations or a total of six Driver Record Evaluation points within a period of thirty-six (36) months.
- Job Offer is contingent on having a driving record that meets the City’s Driver Record Evaluation Standards.
Working with the City of Austin provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
This position is eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSF) Program. This program is a federal program that is intended to encourage individuals to work in public service by forgiving the balance of their federal student loans.
DACC reserves the right to close posted positions prior to the advertised close date, based on recruitment strategies and business needs.
This is a grant funded position. The allocation of monies is subject to modification, reduction, or cancellation by action of City of Austin or grantor.
Pay Range : $28.04 – $34.34 per hour
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Job Close Date: 09/27/2023
Location: 505 Barton Springs Rd Austin, TX 78704
- Experience working with Adult Homeless population.
- Experience working with clients with significant mental health issues in a clinical setting.
- Experience working with clients with substance abuse issues in a clinical setting.
- Experience working in a criminal justice setting.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Conducts screening and assessment to determine diagnosis and treatment of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders, conditions, and addictions, implements; and reviews individual treatment plans based on best practice.
- Assists client in the stabilization of bio-psychosocial functioning.
- Provides individual therapy.
- Provides case management, keeps up-to-date documentation, compiles data and informational reports, and prepares cost estimates.
- Refers citizens to appropriate agency or program.
- Records data on appropriate form and/or log.
- Attends meetings and/or seminars.
- Maintains safety and security of self, others, and facility.
Responsibilities – Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of available resources in Austin for persons with multiple concerns including homelessness, substance abuse, and mental health.
- Knowledge of DSM-5.
- Skill in working with criminal offenders.
- Skill in assessment[JB1] and diagnosis.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other City employees and the public.
- Skill in negotiation with other social service programs.
- Skill in obtaining services for clients.
- Skill in the application of casework principles.
- Skill in the process of interviewing and counseling.
- Skill in prioritizing tasks according to their criticality.
- Skill in operating a computer.
- Ability to work with hard to reach populations.
- Ability to be creative in developing treatment options.
- Ability to assess clients for mental health, substance abuse, and medical needs.
- Ability to engage clients and develop rapport.
- Ability to maintain strong boundaries with challenging clients.
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as a team player.
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or Texas Relay by dialing 7-1-1.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual’s AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.